Monday, October 09, 2006

With the future of internet poker completely up in the air, you'd think I'd be playing all I can. In fact, that was my original plan. But I played Wednesday night and Thursday night and walked away with a small loss and a medium loss, respectively. Not because of suckouts or being generally card-dead, but because of a lack of concentration and motivation on my part. I simply couldn't get into the games enough to be profitable. I haven't played since.

For a while now, I've wanted to explore other avenues. I have some money to get a business or two started. So maybe this whole bill is finally giving me an excuse and reason to finally move on with my life. Or, I dunno, maybe I just need another extended break. Or both.

4 Comments:

Anonymous StrangeNuts said...

Get stuff started? I liked the ski bum idea better...

4:22 PM  
Blogger eric said...

If I could combine the two...hmmm...buy a decently big house near a ski resort, live in it and rent out the rest of the rooms to other ski bums. Have a positive cash flow, so I'm essentially living for free. Play a little poker for spending cash. Snowboard the rest of the time. There's an idea...

4:38 PM  
Blogger Jorgen said...

Saw the first "make marijuana legal" ad on television tonight. Like all politically motivated advertisements it was amazingly lame, but not nearly as bad as some of the other shit around.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Michael Chimpski said...

This dumb bit of legislation is completely messing with peoples' lives... I wonder if the people involved realise this?

I'm going to be busting out with my own unique explanation of why/how this happened - just watch me...

Ciao,

Mikey

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home