Monday, August 07, 2006

Woah.

So I've started playing the 1000NL regularly on Party. And all I can say is, woah. The first few days were great. Win, win, win, and I tied my best week ever, from back when I played limit. Heck those three days were as good as all of July, which was a pretty good month.

And then...

Woah.

I know I only have a small sample size, but it seems the variance at the 1000NL game is much greater than at the 600NL game. Moving up from the 400NL to the 600NL was a clear, but small, step up. Going from 600NL to 1000NL is definitely a large jump. People don't give up nearly as quickly as they do at the lower levels. They're willing to fire multiple barrels with regularity and C/R bluff at will. So, yeah, things went real well for the first few days and then all of a sudden I ran into guys who, well, weren't quite bluffing (or if they were, they got there anyways by the river).

I generally try to avoid posting specific results, but here's last night's graph:













Yeah, I hung on for a long, loooong time. It was one of those sessions where I knew I was buried so deep I'd start throwing things if I actually stopped and checked the cashier. So I kept playing just to save my monitors from a 20 ft. trip down into my living room. Only after I finally stopped (from exhaustion, actually--finishing even was just a coincidence) and graphed the day did I realize just how deep I went.

So yeah, 1000NL. Fun times.

6 Comments:

Blogger Duck said...

just got back from Vegas...love the 2/5 NL games at the bellagio.

2:19 PM  
Blogger April said...

Rumor has it we'll have Wednesday off, and if so, there will be poker played! Love to have you join us if you can.

2:26 PM  
Blogger eric said...

Sure, give me a call.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home