Thursday, August 31, 2006

What a day, what a month. It's been a long time, but I finally had one of these at NL:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

saw flop|saw showdown

BB ($1017)
Hero ($4649)
MP ($2789)
CO ($2410.50)
Button ($1163)
SB ($960)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4d, 4s. SB posts a blind of $5.
Hero calls $10, MP raises to $40, CO calls $40, 1 fold, SB (poster) calls $35, 1 fold, Hero calls $30.

Flop: ($170) 9d, 4c, 4h (4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP bets $110, CO calls $110, SB folds, Hero calls $110.

Turn: ($500) Kc (3 players)
Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets $400, Hero raises to $1373, MP folds, CO calls $973.

River: ($3246) 9s (2 players)
Hero bets $2432, CO calls $887.50 (All-In).

Final Pot: $6565.50

Results:
Hero has 4d 4s (four of a kind, fours).
CO has 9h 9c (four of a kind, nines).
Outcome: CO wins $5021. Hero wins $1544.50.

It's always 50/50 on Party. I think the rule is this: the bigger the pot, the more likely you are to get sucked out on.

But despite that, I ended up having my best month ever. Most of that was within the first two weeks, with these last two weeks being a slow crawl upwards. Well, actually, it was more of a violent vascillation that ended slightly upwards. But overall, I can't complain.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Stonemender said...

I'm pretty sure I would still be throwing up after that.

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Baxter said...

Come on now, it's well known that when you flop bottom quads, you're at least a 2-1 favorite to win the hand. 50-50 is when you flop the underboat. I had the recent good fortune to run 7s full into quad 3s, and yeah, i threw up a little in my mouth when that happened - I'm still soft I guess. Luckily that was only a five-HUNDRED dollar pot. This is a clear sign from party that you should be playing the MONSTER.

PS: SPAM SPAM SPAM

7:12 AM  
Blogger eric said...

That was a monster table. Then I remembered quad8s or better.

I also had a hand where I had Ad2d against 7d6d on a 5d4dx flop and we got all our money in. I ended up winning but that 3d would have made up for a lot of the crap I had to endure yesterday (a winning session, surprisingly!).

9:26 AM  
Anonymous PokerBarney said...

Wow. I was reading that already dribbling over the $6K pot you were about to rake, and my jaw dropped when I read quad nines. Bleurgh.. now that's a bad beat.

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home