Friday, August 25, 2006

I made my triumphant return to limit this morning, playing 5/10 and 10/20 6max. Wow what a silly game. I actually won (despite more rivered two-outers than I care to think about) but I still think it was just silly.

Bet, call, bet, call, bet, call, showdown, hand after hand after hand. No one folds a pair or A-high. I got called by K-high a couple times. You'd think games like that would be like printing money, but it's limit! They almost always either have odds or nearly do. And Party's RNG doesn't help things either.

And wow, the rake. Brutal--I played about 1400 hands, had a decent winning session, but still payed more rake than I won. Gaah. I'll gladly return to NL for the rest of the weekend.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Whhhhhyyyyyyy? Tell us why?

11:13 PM  
Blogger eric said...

why what?

6:35 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

What made you play limit? What a strange decision, from everything I've heard from you for the past few months.

9:45 AM  
Blogger eric said...

Oh, curiosity and need for a change. I'd been running real bad in NL and I think losing my orientation in the game (therefore playing badly, too), so I decided to switch things up.

I even played a second limit session yesterday, doing 10/20 and 15/30 6max. There's still plenty of donkeys in limit, I am happy to report.

I may start playing occasional limit sessions just to keep my game in reasonable shape. I'll probably do with limit what I did with NL last year--have one or two days a month where I play it exclusively, just for a change of pace.

Who knows, maybe this time next year I'll be back on the limit bus...

haha I hope not.

Oh and fwiw, since my brief return to limit, I've been cleaning up in the NL games.

10:54 AM  
Blogger estonb said...

You know, as much as I hate the game, I also thought about jumping back into some limit too...also because I figure the games will be better nowadays, with many, many of the middle limit pros switching over to NL.

I did think your play was erratic last time we played NL together...

6:04 PM  
Blogger eric said...

yeah I wasn't playing my best that night, to put it mildly.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home