Saturday, July 15, 2006

What is this sickness? I hate tournaments. I hate playing them. I hate having to wake up for them. I hate busting out after hours and hours of play with no reward to show for my time spent. I always do badly.

Yet, here I am registering for the $500+35 Full Tilt super-mega-satellite into the WSOP main event where the top 100 finishers all get seats. And here I am considering playing in the two remaining $1500 no-limit events. Heck, even the $1500 limit shoot-out event is looking appealing for some perverse reason.

What's wrong with me? Someone talk me out of this stupidity. I have better uses for my money.

8 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Don't do it, they are moronic adventures that promote the luckiest people and play to victory. Just play cash games.

On a side note, I just won $6K from a dumb tournament. So perhaps you too can get lucky.

4:18 PM  
Blogger April said...

It's because the rest of the poker world is swept up in them, so it's hard not to get caught up in it too. I did a fairly good job of avoiding WSOP-ness last week, but yet here I am about to move to Vegas for a month. So, if you do end up at the Rio, be sure to stop by and say hello. :)

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Evan said...

Tourneydonkey.

2:30 AM  
Blogger eric said...

Well I just signed up for the Stars 150-seat guarantee tourney, too.

I hope the players who win my combined $905 at least do well when they go on to the main event.

April,

You're living up here for a month? Playing in any events?

8:11 AM  
Blogger April said...

Playing the media event. :)
Got a gig with pokerblog.com - I'll be in town Monday. Hopefully there will be time to hit a NL game somewhere.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Duck said...

i am planning on the Sat Aug 5th WSOP tourney during the main event...no tv, should be a smaller field, or so I think

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home