Monday, March 27, 2006

All right, I've been very neglectful of my blog. But there's a reason. I haven't been playing any poker! I played Friday night. Before that it was...er...March 9? So there really isn't anything poker-related to talk about.

I've been trying to focus more on other things. I pretty much let poker become my life, and that's not good. It's one thing to enjoy and play poker, even a lot, but when one's entire emotional state begins to rely on how the cards are running, it's time to take a break.

Many people have a family, a job, hobbies and whatnot so that's not really a concern for them. I'm single, and this was my hobby and became my job, so suddenly I was left with little to distract me from poker. This was good for my bottom line, but ultimately bad for my emotional health, and so I think this break is good.

I'm looking into developing other hobbies, creating more of a social life out here, and trying to find investments for some money I have saved up. Hopefully things will start to develop, and I can go back to playing poker pretty soon in a much more detached state.

8 Comments:

Anonymous duck said...

my hobby is reading your blog at work, I am very disappointed by this nonsense talk about broadening your horizon chatter...get to work and post some monster pots you have been dragging.

I dragged a pot with a set of 6's online limit. 36.25 big bets. I wish I was playing 30-60...alas it was only 1-2...but still a funny hand.

3:39 PM  
Blogger GamblinSteve said...

Hey Eric,

I was wondering if you were planning on living in LV for a while. Just wondering if you had thought about buying a home in LV, either as apermanent home or as an investment.

10:16 PM  
Blogger eric said...

I've thought a heck of a lot about both.

I'm about 80/20 sure I'll be in LV for a while, and I'm about 60/40 sure I'm going to buy a house pretty soon.

I mean, I definitely want to buy a house, but what's keeping me from taking the big leap is simply that I'm not sure just how long I want to stay here (or anywhere else I might buy one for that matter), and also I'm very cautious about affording one. I guess I just keep expecting the rug to get pulled out from beneath me poker-wise and then I'm suddenly stuck with a house I can't really afford.

One thing I was considering was buying a house as a place to live/investment and living in it for a couple years, perhaps renting out a room in it to a UNLV grad student or something (I admit I'm kinda biased against both gamblers and undergrads) and then when I move on keeping it as a rental property.

We'll see, though. But this is the time to really start thinking about it, because my lease is up at the end of July.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all!
Keep up this great resource.
We enjoyed visiting your website very much. Tomorrow I shall return again.

Check this:

http://percocet.butkel1.org/ percocet

Ciao!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://adipex-hb4356d.blogspot.com/
Ciao!

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://tramadol-best5.blogspot.com/
See you.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. http://www.dosage-and-provigil.info/nexiummupspille.html

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home