Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Well, no PPM V cruise for me. I did well in all three tournaments, but not well enough. Two of them I went out within just a few spots of winning a cruise package.

I also played in a few MTTs and a bunch of SnGs the last couple of days, just to remind me why I hate tournaments so much. I must be a sadomasochist because at the same time I'm hating these tournaments, I have this strange compulsion to play in more. The story is always the same. Build up a nice stack, get deep (I final tabled over half of the MTTs I played in this weekend) and then in the span of about three crappy hands lose it all, just out of reach of the real prizes--the cruise package in some, or the big payouts in others.

For some reason that's more irritating than playing the same amount of time in cash games and dropping like $4k.

Ugh, that's it for today, I'm too annoyed.

Goal: PPM V, value $13,500. Total Spent: $1332. Status: Doh!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Johnny FlopBoot said...

Tourneys are for suckers.. cash games all the way!

The only time I play a tourney is if a couple buddies are in and we can make a last longer, or if it's a live/home game type deal. I just can't handle playing perfect poker for 4-5 hours and then taking 1 bad beat on the bubble, now I get NOTHING! Buck that shite in it's face.

5:33 AM  
Blogger fairnbalncd said...

Last MTT saw me bust out before the bubble. Played all day on a Sunday for almost 8 hours. I agree with flopboot. Shooting for a package might be different though.

Keep the faith.

8:12 AM  
Blogger EstonB said...

Tourneys are so fucking painful. You should have done the VIP hand challenge thing. That way you're almost guaranteed a package, but it might not be any less painful. 10-tabling $10-20 SH sucked...

1:00 PM  
Blogger eric said...

You're going on the cruise, Eston?

I never even knew about the VIP hand challenge since that was over Christmas and I was taking a break from poker during that time. I would have done it had I known.

1:24 PM  
Blogger EstonB said...

Yeah I'll be there, but I won't be playing. I'm going as Mark's guest. I got a little of his action so I'll be cheering heartily.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Bontril prescription Montgomery gentry pants http://www.emergency-management-training.info/utopianpilatesandyogamat.html Blind basketball players Valtrex during pregancy Bankrupcy refinance home loans virginia-beach models pilates bontril diet pill without prescription Cheap laptop backpacks size 32d bras Jack lawrence saab How not to pay back your student loan windsor pilates 39 99 Timeshares in branson mo Solis blow dryers repairs Web templates yacht peeing patches eyeweargloria vanderbilt professional car wax zano

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Web hosting web host domain registration 20 http://www.neurontin-and-restless-leg-syndrome.info/buy-neurontin-canada-discount-neurontin-pharmacy-c.html Battery morrison Photo description of an valium Price acyclovir Accounting work force fair value $ calculation Hearing aid batteries 13e http://www.officeshelves.info used saab parts oregon spironolactone acne B2b cellular phones womens nike watches Ultram 70.00

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! karcher presser washer Cooking german bologna in an oven Statples stationery uk

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Elemis supplements

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home