Friday, September 09, 2005

I've been running pretty badly lately, so there's not much I can say that won't come across as whining.

Hmm...non-whiney stuff to write about...hmmm....

Well, I continue to really, really want to try the Bellagio 80/160 game, despite the fact that most of my recent bad run has been at the Bellagio 30/60. The reason I really want to move up is that for me to play my best I need to have a healthy respect for both the amount of money involved and the other players at a game. Once I play at and beat a certain level for a long enough time, I tend to lose my respect for each. It happened at 5/10 and 10/20 online, it happened at 15/30 live and now I think it's happening at the 30/60.

I could just play primarily at the Mirage 40/80, but there's almost never more than one table going and about five or six of the players are always exactly the same. That isn't necessarily a problem except that with only one table going and those five or six regulars bolted to their seats, I often have to wait quite a while before getting into the game, and that's just no fun.

One of these days.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

I thought Wynn was going to start spreading a 60/120 game?

Regardless, I vote for taking a shot. That's what you always tell me.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Evan said...

Find bigger games online.

10:29 AM  
Blogger eric said...

Wynn's 60/120 is pretty consistently a "list of interest" and nothing more.

I'm strongly considering moving up online, too.

It's funny that whenever I run badly for a while I tend to want to move up. Not because I feel like I have to recoup losses or anything, but more because I feel that I'm doing badly because I've gotten bored and complacent at the limits I'm at.

Oh well, we'll see. I'd like to have something resembling confidence when I make the jump, though.

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does your complacency manifest itself in your game? What are you doing wrong? I also have a dificult time deciding when to move limits and I'm curious.

9:41 PM  
Blogger eric said...

I stop making each decision critically. I'll go on autopilot and make lazy, quick decisions. The result is paying off too much when I'm beat, missing value bets, and missing out on opportune bets/raises that could take pots.

One doesn't have to have too many holes in ones game to go from 3BB/100 down to 0 or negative.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Las Vegas Vacations
Thanks

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Internet popup blocker wizard San jose call centers radar detector jammer Home hidden surveillance cameras Sony mdr-v900 headphone Suzuki outboards discount Gene norris gmc chrysler sebring How to promote your moving company Renault vel satis fog lights Midway kia in paris Cleaning area rug online Blackjack ointment

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home