Wednesday, August 10, 2005

So today (er, yesterday, I guess...whatever, last night let's call it) was a good day. Er, night.

Let's try that again. Last night was a good night.

I slept in, waking up at nearly 5pm. I read some emails, did some web browsing, took a nice, long relaxing shower then finally headed out around 8:30.

I headed over to the Wynn to meet my friend who's in town with a couple buddies of his own. And for the first time in my life, I tried the Wynn buffet.

Wow. $30 is a lot to spend for a meal, but if I've ever felt like I got my $30 worth, it was last night. Everything was delicious, and I was stuffed--so stuffed I'm still full and it's 9 hours later. Note to dessert lovers: have the lemon tart. Lordy.

After the buffet, we headed downtown to check out the Freemont street experience. Did I mention it was my buddy's first time in Vegas? So we had to see everything we could.

Eventually, we decided to search for some $2 blackjack. Ten or twelve blackjack tables were lined up at the 4 Queens and we ask the pit boss, where's the $2 table? He looks at us, and somehow, with just barely a noticeable change in expression, manages to convey the message that we just asked a really stupidly obvious question. Why, out of the twelve or so quiet, half-to-three-quarters empty tables, it's the one that's full of loud, drunken hicks, with another line of people hooting along behind.

No $2 blackjack for us.

We checked out the "Freemont Street Experience," that is, the actual light/screen show, and as my buddy remarked, "Jingoism at its finest."

Well, what are we in the mood for now? Omaha.

Off to the Mirage.

Their 5/10 Omaha with a full kill is a good game, but there was only one seat. They did have a four-handed 40/80 hold 'em game going, though...

How could I resist?

I made it five-handed, but pretty quickly we were down to three-handed. We all agreed to play for at least 45 minutes more, but soon enough another player sat down, and then another, and finally we were six-handed. A couple of the players were decent, but thankfully a couple were amazingly horrific, and so that along with the pretty good run of cards I had let me finish up a dime.

And. And! I got a hassle-free food comp.

5am, time to head back home.

It was the perfect night. Everything I envisioned how my life would be when I came out to Vegas, well that's what happened. Friends visiting, eating a glorious and gluttonous meal in a posh setting, getting out and about a little bit, and finally spending the rest of the night playing cards and winning some money.

For one night at least, life couldn't get any better.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the free slots at the Golden Nugget??

4:56 PM  
Blogger eric said...

Haha...that was one brief disappointing moment in an otherwise great day. We were there at around 11:30pm and found out that the players club closed at 11, so no free slot play for us.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,

just saw a link to your blog a couple days ago and have really been enjoying reading it. keep up the good work.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Easy cash advance maine what classic toy has been around for ever

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work film editing schools

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home